Those of you who participated on the Storiqa (STQ) ICO I recommended a couple of weeks, you should have received an email from the support team a few days ago saying the ICO reached it’s hard cap; token sale is completed. The sale was so much a success that ICO ended two weeks before it was supposed to end.
The first thing I did when I received the email (I recommended the ICO, but I’m not part of the team) was finding out how to receive my tokens post-ICO and which exchanges It’s going to be listed on so I can take my profit when the coin is release. My research shows that Initial Coin Offering (ICO) goes up 127% on average. In addition to getting in at an earlier price, we may get a huge price increase upon release.
I. How do I get my Storiqa (STQ) ICO Tokens transfer from their site.
1. You need to create a MyEtherWallet account by going to MyEtherWallet.com
2. Enter a strong but easy to remember password. Do not forget it. (Note: This encrypts (protects) your private key. It does not generate your private key. This password alone will not be enough to access your Ether.)
3. Click the “Create New Wallet” button
4. Download your Keystore / UTC file & save this file to a your computer, USB drive or email to yourself. (This is the encrypted version of your private key. You need the password to access it. It is safer than your unencrypted private key but you must have your password to access it in the future)
5. Read the warning. If you understand it, click the “I understand. Continue” button
6. Print your paper wallet backup and/or carefully hand-write the private key on a piece of paper, copy and paste to a text file or email to self (If you are writing it, it is recommend you write it 2 or 3 times. This decreases the chance your messy handwriting will prevent you from accessing your wallet later)
7. Copy & paste your address into a text document somewhere, or email to self or both (Search your address on https://etherscan.io/. Bookmark this page. This is how you will view your balance at any time)
8. Unlock your new wallet from the Keystore / UTC file you downloaded or via the private key that you printed out. (Ensure it unlocks the wallet you are sent to and matches the bookmark you have.
Do not simply leave your new wallet open. Pretend you are coming back a year later to access your riches. Can you do it?)
9. Ensure you have recorded all necessary bits of information and the addresses match at all times (If they don’t, you mis-wrote something somewhere. That means it’s time to start from the beginning in order to make sure you never lose access to your funds)
Safe Storage of Backups
It is recommended that you store backups of both forms of your key (the Keystore / UTC file version and paper wallet version) in physically separate, offline environments.
This prevents loss of the private key & password due to: dead hard drive, lost USB drive, wet piece of paper, etc. Keep in mind that physical loss can affect an entire area (e.g. fire, flood).
MyEtherWallet staff and/or I cannot recover your key
MyEtherWallet is not a web wallet and cannot recover your private key or password, access your account, move funds, recover funds, nor cancel/reverse transactions.
We are a client-side interface that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain. Please secure & back up your key like the millions of dollars it could some day be worth.
II. Configure MyEtherWallet to receive Storiqa (STQ) coin
1. Login to MyEitherWallet by clicking “View Wallet Info” on top right hand corner
2. Login using either Keystore / JSON File or Private Key (only check one), Click Select to upload the file, Enter your password (the one you entered when creating account), then click “Unlock”
On this example I used Keystore / JSON File
3. Click on “Add Custom Token” on the right hand mid-corner
4. Fill out the box with the following information (provided on Storiqa website)
Token Contract Address: 0x5c3a228510D246b78a3765C20221Cbf3082b44a4
Token Symbol: STQ
Note: The (period after 18 for decimals is very important and should be added
5. Click “Save”
NOW add your MyEtherWallet to Storiqa website to request your token
1. Login to storiqa.com and click “View your STQ Tokens” link on the right hand corner
2. Click on “Profile” link on top right corner, then enter your MyEtherWallet address on box and click “Save”
Warning: MyEtherWallet address and Token Contract Address are not the same. The MyEtherWallet is the one you created on step 1 and also showing on step 3.
After STQ is released on the market you can transfer to exchange and sell. According to Storiqa website, STQ Tokens will be released on HitBTC. You SHOULD create and account NOW and be ready!!!